I’m of the opinion that the best Denon AVR that has pre-amp outs for a full range of speakers would be the AVR-3700H.
Best AV Receiver with Pre-Outs
Denon AVR-X3600H/AVR-X3700H 8K Ultra HD 9.2 Channel (105 Watt X 9) AV Receiver 2020 Model – 3D Audio & Video with IMAX Enhanced, Built for Gaming, Music Streaming, Alexa + HEOS
- PS5 Compatible
- Unmatchable sound quality
- Dolby Atmos surround option
- Dual Sub Output (not 2 shared output)
- 2 Channel processing with extra 2 channel AMP.
- HDMI 2.3 Version for future upgrade already available on this unit.
- Denon/marantz built in operating system. No more adjusting the volume on movies between action/dialogue scenes!
- Comes with a single cable output
- Audyssey set up always gives phase error for certain speaker types
- Lack of ability to save past audyssey settings and each result is over ridden
- Audyssey results yield different crossover points each time you run audyssey which makes me wonder if Audyssey 32 is flawed.
ALSO SEE: Best AV Receiver with Phono Input
Note: You cannot turn off internal amplification while you use an exteram AMP for 5 channels in this unit.
Yamaha RXA2080 AVENTAGE 9.2-Channel AV Receiver
I formerly owned an Onkyo and decided to run an upgrade to this. It is super nice, definitely better speaker terminals, lots of HDMI input, and a Third HDMI out! It can push Dolby Atmos 7.1.2 to my latest home theater layout.
The additional zone feature driving my pool area speakers is also a huge plus. It’s EASY to setup, has a LOT of options, phone App is excellent compared to the Onkyo App. I highly recommend it. I only wish I had spent the extra $$ on the 3080 model. 🙂